Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Unclaimed baggage


I enjoy meeting new people at church. Being that we live in a large city with a military base, visitors in church are very common. When I see a new face, I don't hesitate to sit and introduce myself and then ask them a few questions such as, "Are you new to (this city)?, Where's home for you?, How long will you be living here?, Have you learned your way around yet?"...etc, etc, etc. Today, I met a lady from Scottsboro, Alabama. The first thing that popped out of my mouth when she said her hometown name was, "Oh, that's were you can buy items from people's unclaimed baggage, right?". She laughed and said yes.


So, if you're like me, I went directly to their website and browsed around. There's some pretty unique stuff that people left behind. Maybe they left some of these items unclaimed on purpose! There's also some normal things that are priced lower than regular retail.

Ok, ok....click here to visit the unclaimed baggage store 'cause you know you're now curious.

1 comment:

peony paperie said...

Now I'm sad that I missed the unclaimed baggage area every time we've driven from Louisiana to E. Tenn. Now that we don't live in Lousiana anymore, I'll probaby never make it there! Oh well...

As far as meeting new people at church...I love that too! I've been the new person enough times that I know how important it is for someone to recognize that you're new, and say more than "nice to meet you". It can make or break a new church for somebody, and that's a sad reality. I've been known to dart across the church to introduce myself. My husband is really shy, but my outgoing-ness tends to get him involved as well, and now he's just like me! We like to compare notes after the service, to see if the other learned something we didn't...not that it's a contest of course!

Thanks for entering my contest today, and for your suggestion. Best of luck. Michelle