Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Publish blog entries for kid's keepsakes?


I've seen many blogs referring to the publishing company of BLURB as a way of binding their child's artwork in one place as a keepsake. I think this is a great idea and I will possibly be placing an order with BLURB in the future for my own children's masterpieces.

But, it got me to thinkin'.

Can I do the same thing with my blog posts? I've been blogging since 2005 (when I only had one child! Imagine the time I had to write lengthy posts as opposed to my "picture only" posts now!) and would love to get my blog entries bound according to child and year. That way they each would have a permanent book of personal thoughts from their mom to read when they are older. Doesn't that sound awesome?

Guess what? Blurb can do this for me, too! However, I read that BLURB might not support Blogger (it likes TypePad and LiveJournal) so I'm not sure what my project would look like but it's fun to know that there's a company out there that does this sort of thing.

Ok, now I must open a new tab and go to Google to find other companies that like Blogger so I can merge all 1076 of my blog entries.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I really want to do this for my blog! I wish I had started when I was pregnant, but did not start till April. My plan is to make a book of each year. Let me know what you find out! I could not get blurb to download correctly on my computer :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm using blurb to create a keepsake of my first pregnancy that terminated in miscarriage. It's worked fine for me with blogger, except it didn't import the comments, which I wanted, so I'm having to copy and paste by hand - but even that is very user friendly.