Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Canvas of scrap

Once again, I bring you a craft from the blogosphere. I'm trying to get some canvases completed (various mediums) to sell in our school's fall festival so I'm searching the bloggy world for ideas. I saw this on Carli and the Clan and then rushed to dig through my craft drawers full of scrapbooking paper.

All it involved was cutting the paper into like color piles, lightly sketching a simple design in pencil, and then pasting the pieces to the canvas with a gluestick. Finally, apply a modest amount of ModPodge over the pieces so they'll lay flat and adhere better. Let it dry and apply another layer if you'd like. Below is my final project which was completed in about an hour.




If you like the scrap designs I used, they were purchased for only $1 in the "Dollar Spot" at Target. I've found it's a good place to buy for this kind of craft because the papers match and bring the final piece together.

4 comments:

BKicklighter said...

I LOVE IT!
Looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I would so buy that!
~Mad
www.xanga.com/madewyn

The Montgomery Family said...

Very cool...I'm jealous! I hope some of my things can compete with yours :-)

Carli said...

I think you did a wonderful job of your canvas, aren't they fun!