Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, October 06, 2008

Act of Congress


Act of Congress is my favorite band. They have been for a long time and will be for a lot longer. It probably has a lot to do with our Birmingham, AL, ties. Love, love, love Birmingham. Miss it so much.

Adam, the lead vocalist, is multi-talented...simply amazing...and so down to earth. One of the friendliest and most humble people I've ever met in this world. Adam plays the guitar, piano, mandolin, and most any other stringed instrument. I wonder if he knows reeds, too....hmmmm. Brass? Maybe. I wouldn't put it past him. Yes, Act of Congress is in the folk/bluegrass genre and it's out of this world! Do you like Nickel Creek? Well, then you'll love Act of Congress.

I'm looking forward to hearing AC in concert this coming April (gosh, that's a long way away!) but, in the meantime, I'm gonna head over to itunes and listen to some of their songs. Once you listen, you'll also be addicted. I promise.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

THANK YOU! Thanks for turning me on to this group! They sound awesome.