Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Funnies from their mouth

Both of my precious boys said something that made me smile and laugh today.

While in the van coming home tonight from a fall festival, I asked them what kind of sandwich they wanted me to pack in their lunch box for tomorrow. Luke requested the usual Nutella sandwich but asked for carrots and ranch dressing on the side.

After a brief pause, Andrew said, "Hmmmm.....how would you put ranch dressing in a zippy bag?

Ok, I'm sure this doesn't crack you up but the mere fact that my four year old son was thinking about such logistics, and voicing it, made me laugh in amazement. It was a small moment that reminded me of our huge God.

THEN.....

Just before bedtime, Luke approached us (Mitch and me) with a large silver box that was covered with its own silver top.

Mitch: "What 'cha got inside that box, Luke?
Luke: "Mercury" (his stuffed animal dog)
Mitch: "Why is Mercury inside the closed box?"
Luke: "He's in time-out".

2 comments:

Joni M said...

LOL--oh my, well, I'm still giggling! So were you both cracking up too?

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I love hearing these kinds of tales from parents. My mom said when I was little I would line my "imaginary friends" up and punish them all one by one.