Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Trick or Treat?!?!?!

These kids are so darn cute! Andrew was a Mighty Duck hockey player, Abigail was a lion, and Luke was a Georgia Tech football fan. I was a MOM along with my friend, Jennifer. It was the only costume we both could easily find in our closets. Jennifer's daughter, AC, was a Disney princess. We saw many princesses Friday night, waving their wands and wishing away future cavities from all the candy the world will be consuming within seconds, minutes, hours, days, week, months....and, yes folks, even a year later. We still have candy from Halloween 2007. Let's just say it has taken on the aroma of all the surrounding Christmas peppermints in the jar.

All my kids wore the lion costume on their first "real" Halloween. That costume has about seen its last days. Notice the zipper is already stuck at the top near her neck. In the midst of trick-or-treating Friday night, we plopped down in a stranger's yard to take this picture before walking to the next house for more candy.



Is there any redemptive value to Halloween? It seems so greedy to me. Personally, I like getting out and knocking on nearby doors so I can meet my neighbors....but I know this should and could be done at anytime and not just at Halloween. .....Just somethin' the hubby and I have been discussing. Fortunately, I know the families on our culdesac but I didn't know anyone around the corner until we went trick-or-treating!

(Melissa, what would I do if you gave me no shoes?)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad the kids had fun dressing up! We also enjoyed getting out and being with our neighbors (even the ones that voted for "that one"). The old bonfire pit was brought out. We sure wish we could have been with all of you. It sounds like fun.

Ang said...

I guess if you put it that one trick or treating would be fun. It is true that when you grew up doing something or didn't do something you kinda carry it onto your children. To each its own...I am glad we were able to hang out that night even if E only went to a few houses. I don't think she minded, she was fascinated with just the few houses we went to :o)

chad and chrissy said...

I hear ya. I've never been trick or treating (we always celebrated Reformation atchurch instead)and I'm struggling with if I want Kaitlin to go. I don't think that anyone is worshiping Satan for taking their kids out or anything like that, I just don't like the whole meaning behind it.

Laura said...

Just catchin' up on the blogs, Jawan. Love Bakerella. It's hard to motivate me to do crafts with the kids these days, but Bakerella motivates me! Glad you introduced me to her.

And the drawing of our 44 presidents is so interesting, thought-provoking.

BKicklighter said...

Just tagged you with a blog award because you are so amazing!