Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

Deep thoughts

Just after bath time, I climbed on the guest bed to have some jumping fun with the boys. Andrew jumped across me several times and finally, fully exhausted, he came to rest beside me. Then he said,

Andrew: "Mama, when I get a wife, can I still come and see you?"

me: (Where did that come from? Now I'm all teary eyed!) "Of course you can! You might not be able to get rid of me and probably won't want me around all the time."

Andrew: "No way! I don't know how I could live without you!"

Oh my gosh! I smiled, grabbed him up and held him close, hugging him tightly.

Andrew: "Ewwww, Mama! You smell like sloppy joes!"

So, no longer teary eyed, but laughing hysterically, I now inform you of what we had for dinner.

2 comments:

Burt said...

i've noticed that same smell about you before!

Anonymous said...

at least you didn't smell like poop, urine and spitup all at the same time. can't wait till a few more weeks when that will be my new perfume.

Don't feel bad, jawan, i used to wake my mom up in the morning by telling her i was hungry and asking her to get up and put her "make ups" on.