Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Obama

He is not the man I voted for, but I couldn't help but get weepy when realizing that our country just elected our first black president.

Wonderfully incredible.

I must also add that I was also weepy during McCain's concession speech. Sure, I was disappointed that he didn't win but the tears gathered in my eyes because I could sense the genuine love McCain has for our country as well as heard the humility in which he spoke. I applaud him for giving his support to his new president.

Then again, it's not about us....it's about HIM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mc Cain gave a great speech & we were very disappointed that he didn't win. ugh. But GOD is in control & has a plan!

Melissa said...

Well said! McCain was very gracious. I love my country, but ultimately I serve God and He is still on His throne!