Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Twisting Scripture

Ok, friends....I'm just getting started now. (Only kidding.)

Obama said these words in the closing of his acceptance speech Thursday night:
"At this moment, in this election, we must pledge once more to march into the future. Let us keep that promise, that American promise, and in the words of scripture hold firmly, without wavering, to the hope that we confess."

I use the ESV version of the Bible. It translates Hebrews 10:23: "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful."

What hope is Obama referring to? The hope that he'll get elected? The hope that a democrat will be in the White House again? Clearly twisting scripture to fit into his charismatic language. Get a new speech writer.

I'd rather read this sermon by John Piper on the same passage, if I do say so myself. I'm loving this blog thing.

1 comment:

salicylic cream said...

Thanks for explain such a valuable information in this article. To get more information erectile dysfunction pills from online ed prescription.