Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My boys need a haircut

Andrew and Luke both need a haircut. I need to write that down on my TO DO list for the week. Andrew loves getting his hair cut, but Luke....well....that's another story for another post. I don't know why they were acting so crazy in this picture but it cracks me up!


School starts on Monday (8/11). I am so excited! I love the routine that the school year brings. I can just feel a sense of sanity creeping back into my head. Summer time is fun but it's soooooo hot, making the kids miserable being outside and bored being inside. Arts and crafts can only fill up so much time, ya know? Today, the boys helped me clean and I could tell they really enjoyed themselves. As I was folding clothes, they asked me if they could "do something." So, I gave them each a few Lysol wipes and instructed them to wipe all the doorknobs in the house, the bathroom counter, the microwave/oven outside doors, and the refrigerator handle. They were so excited. Yeah, I know.....it won't be that way for long. I'm just happy they had a good time working alongside each other. It made my heard smile. It also REALLY helped to knock a dent in my cleaning plan.

While the two youngest children were napping this afternoon, Andrew and I got crafty. First, we designed a plastic star and ironed it flat. Andrew thought it was neat how the iron melted the plastic parts to stick together. He was impatient while waiting for it to cool so he put it in the fridge to speed up the process. Also, I saw a crafty house collage post here so I changed it up a bit (tore the pieces) and watched Andrew identify the parts and put it together.



Met with the MOPS leadership team tonight. What an encouraging time. We chatted, ate, laughed, discussed, ate, laughed, yada yada yada. I feel really good about the direction we're going this year. All the ladies feel confident and excited about how God will use this ministry to further His kingdom. I feel blessed to be a part of this group.

On a side note, I received my new camera lens in the mail today. My friend, Holly, hooked me up with an affordable used lens from another photographer (in Oregon) and I couldn't be happier. This all happened in a matter of a week. I 'bout went loony without my camera.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I had a great time! I'm looking foward to a great year as well :)