Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

Cans everywhere

I have a hard time throwing items away that I can tell would make a great craft project. I stopped nursing Abigail when she turned seven months old and then began giving her formula. Of course, I saved ALL The cans. They are the perfect size for a pencil caddy on a desk, brush holder, toy soldiers container....and the list goes on. I'm teaching preschool and elementary art at our church school this year and found this to be a great opportunity to get them out of my house as well as allow the students to make something with them. While I was rinsing them out, Abigail played music on some of the cans by banging them on the floor. She had fun trying to put the tops on them, too.

1 comment:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Do you put contact paper on them? My mother-in-law used to bring cans to my kids when she would come and we did the same things with them. That was awhile ago as mine are 15, soon to be 18 and soon to be 20. (We are in birthday season :-) )