Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

$20.22 for only $1.60!

Wow, I just got home from Wal-Mart. I remember the days when I went to Wal-Mart for everything. Now that I've become a fan of Walgreens, Publix, and CVS (and all the great savings I make at these establishments), I don't frequent Wal-Mart as much as I used to. However, today was a great shopping trip to Wally World. Here's why.....remember the post I wrote about regarding the CHECK IT OUT application for coupons on Facebook? Well, I used them today and got $20.22 worth of groceries for only $1.60!!!!!!


The coupons I used were for items I would have purchased anyway. Well, I don't normally buy Bagel Bites for my kids but, since they were FREE, why not? They'll make for a great snack.

What was even more fantastic about this trip was that I got paid to buy a few of these items.

Pantene shampoo cost $5.27 minus coupon $6.00 off. I made $.73!

Cheez It cost $2.50 minus coupon $3.50 off. I made a whole dollar!

California Pizza Kitchen pizza costs $5.25 minus coupon $6.00 off. I made $.75!

By the way, the Chapstick was free with the coupon!

The only item I purchased at full price was a bag of pepperoni (not pictured) which retailed at $2.98. I only paid under a dollar for it because all the overage was applied to the final cost.


Anyway, this is all probably too confusing to understand but it was definitely exciting for me! I mean, all this for only $1.60?!?!?!? You MUST add this application to your Facebook account.

Now, I must exit Blogger to print more deals on FB.

5 comments:

missknits said...

omgosh! thats insane. i never heard of this on facebook, but am gonna check it out now! a friend of mine just told me about the grocery game too - i think it must be similar because she walks away with like 80 bucks of groceries for just a few bucks!

Anonymous said...

I so need you to teach me the secret to coupons

The Zevacs said...

wal-mart wouldn't accept my printed coupons last time i tried!!! i couldn't believe it. i mean, a coupon is a coupon. i must try again!

Tracy said...

I tried to get those but couldn't get registered fast enough last night! You didn't save them to a .pdf by any chance, did you? I'd love to get my hands on the big savings!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the excitement about the new Check It Out application and all the coupons. Check it Out is dedicated to providing relevant and engaging offers. This is a new application that we launched on Facebook and these coupons are real and were intended to draw attention to the launch of this new application.

All our coupons have quantity limits and are intended to be printed via our Check It Out application on Facebook only, not through copies or .pdf versions. We hope that you will respect this way of using the application and these deals so everyone can continue to benefit from the savings. We are aware that our Facebook link has been posted on many coupon sharing forums and internet sites and hope that you come back and look for more deals in the future. Contact us at customerservice@vyrlmkt.com if you have more questions.
Thank you again for your help.