Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Egg carton dinner

I thank Tera and Becky for giving me the warning about the egg carton and bacteria it could carry. It never crossed my mind so thank you for letting me (and my readers) know.



Abigail feeds herself well during mealtimes. She can grab anything within reach and put it away in her mouth. I like to try new and fun things so I took an egg carton and decided to use it much like the muffin tin I tried the other day. We had breakfast for dinner this night so I loaded each egg cup/section with scrambled eggs, small pieces of bacon, biscuit bites with jelly, cheerios, and small pieces of cheese. She loved it! The smaller sections allowed her to grab her food easier and there wasn't a bad mess to clean up afterwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I'm going to try the same thing. I think my mackerdoodle will love it.

The Montgomery Family said...

If I may just caution one thing, if you haven't already heard of it. You know how raw eggs can have bacteria (salmonella, etc)? Well, some of the same bacteria can be on the outside of the eggs, especially if they have been around broken eggs or if there was a slight crack in any of the shells, there could be bacteria in the carton. Being a porous material, egg cartons are hard to disinfect, but you probably could.

beck'sthree said...

Jawan, I was thinking the same thing as montgomery family . . . the muffin tins are probably a better idea. (In fact, it's one of many of your ideas I intend to try soon.) :)