Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

New lens

It was Sunday afternoon, 5:00. I'm snoozing on the couch with my middle child. My cell phone rings. I see that it's my sweet friend, Holly. I answer it.


Me: "Hello?" (with a raspy voice)

Holly: "Oh, did I wake you up? I'm sorry."

Me: "That's ok. I need to get up and start getting ready for church tonight. What's up?"

Holly: "Well, I wanted to see if I could come over real quick and bring you something."

Me: "No way, is it a lens?!?!?!?"
(btw, there were no definite plans for a lens....only hope on my part of getting a different one in the future. Holly and I talk photography with each other all the time, among other things.)

Holly: "Let's just say you're really gonna like this surprise."

Me: "I'm wide awake! Come on over now!"

Four minutes later she pulls into my driveway with my surprise (really...only four minutes....believe me, I watched the clock. She only lives a half mile down the road from me).

A 50 mm lens! A gift to me from her!

Thank you, Holly!

4 comments:

amy said...

How much fun is that!

Unknown said...

you're so welcome! i was really excited when i figured out it wasn't broken after all! i thought of you immediately and gave it to you about 10 minutes later! can't wait to see some pics!

The Broken Man said...

That's a great present! :)

The Broken man

Rosie : ) said...

Great gift. :)