Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trash to treasure

It amazes me what some people will throw away. I find myself looking at everyone's trash when driving through the neighborhood. The good thing is that we have trash pickup twice a week! So, you can imagine how excited I was when I found this toy riding car on the side of the road. It is in perfect condition! It just needed a bath before letting the kids speed in it. Why didn't the owner donate it to a church, a daycare, or to Goodwill? I'm happy to have it but I am baffled that anyone would just throw away an expensive toy still in good working order.


2 comments:

Libby said...

Wow! That is QUITE the find. I cannot believe that either. We donated our first one to our church when we thought we were done. M got her one for her birthday. Hope you are well. Libby

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i have a 96 yr old aunt who walks her neighborhood collecting these types of things and recycling them to anyone who wants them. she also finds terrific clothes with the tags still on them!!!