Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BBQ Chicken Wraps

I tried the recipe below after reading about it on a favorite blog of mine, Stretching a Buck. I had almost all the ingredients on hand so this was very easy to make. It was yummy, too! I would only advise to decrease the ranch dressing a bit and increase the BBQ sauce (that was Mitch's recommendation, anyway!). Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 lb Chicken Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can Black Beans
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (however much you like, probably about 1/2 c.)
Mixed Greens or Lettuce (your preference)
Ranch Dressing (about 1/4 c.)
Red Onion (sliced thin, optional - I didn't use onions - YUCK!)
4 Large Tortillas

Directions
Drain and rinse black beans, begin heating in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Saute chicken in olive oil until fully cooked (about 10 minutes). Once the chicken is cooked, add BBQ sauce to coat the chicken (don't add so much that it is soupy). Heat through.


Add black beans, shredded cheddar, and a small amount of Ranch Dressing to the BBQ Chicken. Mix. Place a tortilla flat on your working surface. Spread a thin layer of Ranch Dressing on the tortilla.


Place a handful of greens on the tortilla. Add a couple of heaping spoonfuls of BBQ Chicken mixture to the greens. Roll the tortilla like a burrito. Slice on an angle.


Here is my finished product. I'll surely make this again!


2 comments:

Ang said...

Sounds Yummy to me, I will have to try this :o) I always like something new and easy.

BKicklighter said...

Great picture. Looks and sounds great. Did your boys eat it?