Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Apple Tree Craft

It was HOT outside this past Friday afternoon! I mean, strip-down-and-get-naked kind of hot! For us, this means it's time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine! Thanks to Chrissy at ToddleBits, I decided to follow her lead and do this craft with my boys.


I made a tree trunk and then cut an apple in half so the boys could use them to paint/stamp the leaves. It was their idea to add the red spots to the tree, to represent the apple. Andrew wanted to know where Adam and Eve were. Too funny! Abigail enjoyed watching from her chair under the shade tree.

I think I made the majority of this project since both boys complained the entire way through about how hot it was. You can tell the differences between where the boys painted and where I added my touch. Note to self: Find sunglasses for each kid before positioning them in the direct line of the sun during craft or any outside activity.

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

THANK YOU for including that you did most of that. It was looking a bit intimidating!

Anonymous said...

We did something like this a few years ago. My mother in law made a tree trunk using fabric and everyone in the family used their handprint as the leaves. We sent that as a Christmas present to some family that lived out of state. She put a rod at the top of the fabric so it would hang down and they could display it on a wall somewhere. It turned out really fun.

beck'sthree said...

Thanks for the craft idea - I love it! (Oh, and don't you just feel soooo superior not having any wine bottles in the background of YOUR pictures? lol)