Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, March 07, 2009

What's on your nightstand?

I have a lot of junk on my nightstand:

lotion
pens
earrings
markers
gem clips
random misplaced toy parts
dust
coaster


But I always make room for a few books:

1. I just began reading this book yesterday. Makes me think...that's why I like this one.


2. I've been reading this book for over a month now and love discussing it in our weekly ladies' study time. It's magnificent to see the gospel woven into the real stories of Eve, Sarah, Mrs. Noah, Tamar, Esther, and Hannah.


3. It just wouldn't be my nightstand without some kind of morbid random reading. I admit that I just skim this book because some of the stories are way too sad and horrible. I love reading biographies and I find "real crime" intriguing (I always wanted to be a cop when I grew up), so that's why this book choice makes sense (at least to me).

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Jawan ….Why don't you select a good book and let's do a blog book club. Let me know what you think.

I have several books on my night "floor" but never get passed the first few pages. Our church has completed several Beth Moore Studies but Katie has piano on Mondays and I miss out. I need accountability and someone to discuss detail with.

Kimberly