Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plastic #6 shrinks!

Once again, I participated in the weekly Unplugged Project challenge. This week the craft topic was "plastic". So, since my brain is almost dead, I (once again) copied the author and did the same thing with the plastic I had on hand.

Who knew that #6 recycable plastic also functions like shrinky-dink plastic? I had prepared myself to go to the grocery store to look for needed items that might be contained in #6 plastic but I realized that the fudge container my in-laws brought back from their Ohio Amish country trip last week was just what I needed!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Start with #6 recyclable plastic (it's thin & brittle)


Cut various shapes from plastic, making the shape at least the size of a half dollar coin.


Draw a design on the plastic shape with Sharpie markers.



Punch a hole in the shape so it can be hung on a necklace, put on a keychain, etc. I would suggest punching two connecting holes, side by side, since one hole tends to become too small after shrinking.

Place shapes, design side up, on aluminum foil (or parchment paper) on top of a cookie sheet.

Place in oven for about two minutes. Watch the shapes curl and then lay flat.


Remove cookie sheet and wait for a minute for the shapes to cool so they can harden.



Ta Da!


3 comments:

beck'sthree said...

Thanks for leading me to the unplugged site. Love it! Can't wait to try this one.

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT wait to do this. Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

You so cool, girl!

(Don't know what that was about)

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

how cute!!!! wait...where's the "we love kim" one?! lol