Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A different game of TAG

My friend, Kelly, just tagged me. I've played this game before but not with these questions. Thanks Kelly! I learned much about you when reading your answers!

1. Where Were You Ten Years Ago?
Let's see...that was the summer of 1998. I was living at home with Mom, getting ready to send in my application to graduate school in Birmingham, AL. I spent a week writing a required paper regarding my testimony that was to be attached to my application. After mailing it in, if felt like an eternity before I heard if I was accepted or denied for the winter term. During this waiting period, I worked at my mom's law firm doing whatever needed to be done in the office. It was good to be at "home" with Mom but I was ready to move on to another stage in my life. I had been out of college for a year and had spent that time "in limbo" as to what to do. I really felt a desire to go to seminary so I waited anxiously for the letter in the mail. It soon came and I was delighted to read that I had been accepted. Little did I know that just six months later I would meet my sweet husband in the hall at this very school!

2. Five Items on Your To-Do List Today
1. attend church
2. take a nap
3. prepare and decorate for VBS
4. help our children present Father's Day gifts to Mitch
5. clean up the playroom and unload the dishwasher

3. Snacks I Enjoy
1. a bowl of Captain Crunch cereal
2. a cold diet coke with lots of ice
3. ice cream
4. peanut butter crackers
5. oatmeal raisin cookies

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. give to the church & charities
2. pay off all our debt
3. invest
4. travel
5. buy a house

5. Places I would Live
Like Kelly, we are very happy where we are now. I love living in Georgia and love living in the south. I like the fact that we aren't very far from either side of the family and it only takes us about three hours to get to the Florida gulf. However, I have always said that the north Georgia/East Tennessee mountains (Appalachians/Smokeys) is where I would like to live one day. The mountain setting is so peaceful...they remind me of God's beauty, love, and supremacy.

1 comment:

KelMel said...

Yay! I'm so glad you saw my tag. I learned more about you too. Very cool. :)

I can't believe we met 16 years ago at Music Camp, can you?! Do you still have the tape from that year? I had mine for many years, but it's missing now. Boo hoo. I still have photos somewhere.