Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making bread

I was given an Amish bread starter bag about two months ago and I've kept it up ever since, baking bread every ten days. After two months, I have no friends left who don't already have one of the four starters produced by my single bag. So, I'm excited to try a new recipe from a friend that might allow me to use 3/4 of the starter for my own baking and leave 1/4 for the next batch (let me know if you want the recipe, Theresa M.!).

Anyway, my boys love helping me mix the ingredients. Sometimes they let visiting friends help. Thanks, Mackerdoodle!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that stuff! Here's a website that has all kinds of different recipes and variations you can do. I've made pancakes out of the starter before. They tasted good, just a bit sweeter than a typical pancake.

http://www.armchair.com/recipe/amish/amish.html

And your little helpers are so cute!