Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, July 24, 2009

Blueberry pickin'


I took all the kids to a blueberry patch in Opelika this morning to pick some of the juicy fruit for a cobbler I want to make. Like my friend, Nikki, exclaimed while nibbling on our pickings, "I've never tasted such sweet blueberries straight off the vine before!". I had to agree with her....we were in a large patch with some of the most delicious blueberries ever!

The blueberries are ripe for the pickin' now and will be for a few more weeks. If you'd like the information on the location of this patch, leave a comment or email me and I'll give you the phone number and driving directions...it's super easy!

After picking just a few, my kids led the expedition of a frog hunt near the neighboring watering hole. I filled up my gallon bucket with berries while Andrew and Luke filled theirs with tiny new frogs. Fun was had by all!

Holly, Nikki, Alison, Angela, and Chrissy....let's do it again. I'll look for a strawberry patch, yeah?

1 comment:

The Zevacs said...

jawan....let me know where in opelika that is.....we've been talking about doing that...

thanks!