Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Do I display these attributes?

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved,
compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and
patience.
Colossians 3:12

It's been a hard morning. I pray that I will be compassionate towards my children and to the world. I pray their little eyes will see others being kind and will want to be kind in return. I pray my children won't be arrogant but rather humble and desire no reward in life but eternal life with the Father. I pray I will display self-control and patience so that my three little ones will see the power of God at work. My heart is just as bent toward sin as theirs.

Two of many favorite hymns that are bringing me strength today:


Satisfied (1875 Clara Williams)

All my life long I had panted for a drink from some cold spring
that I hoped would quench the burning of the thirst I felt within.
Hallelujah! He has found me, the one my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies all my longings, through his blood I now am saved.

Well of water, ever springing. Bread of life, so rich and free.
Untold wealth that never faileth, my Redeemer is to me.
Hallelujah! He has found me, the one my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies all my longings, through his blood I now am saved.

Poor I was and sought for riches; something that would satisfy.
But the dust I gathered ’round me only mocked my soul’s sad cry.
Hallelujah! He has found me, the one my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies all my longings, through his blood I now am saved.


There is a Fountain

There is fountain filled with blood, Drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood, Lose all their guilty stains.

The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day;
And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away.

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power
’Til all the ransomed church of God
Be saved to sin no more.

E’er since, by faith, I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be ’til I die.

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Boy, I can relate with you today. I have been an ugly mamma and so sad to say it. I have heard my voice come out of my daughter's mouth and shutter to think what they are learning from me. Oh, Jesus, intervene. Change me. Save them.

Do you have a cd you listen to with that first hymn on it? I LOVE that!!

Melissa said...

Oh! You took the words out of my mouth!! I worry about this all the time... it's my continual prayer!

heather said...

I hear you sister! Being a parent brings me face to face with my own sin on a very regular basis.