Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

D. Webb & S. McCraken

Two of my favorite singers (who just happen to be husband and wife) singing Shelter, unplugged. Lyrics below.



In the arms of a good Father
You can go to the deep water
Where the questions, we have left unspoken
Come out in the open
We will find shelter here

So I lay down, what I cannot hold in my hands
Every sorrow and hope spinning out of control
And here I find sweet resolution comes in letting go
And we will find shelter here

When I look back I can see,
And when I am old I'll remember these things
Like a mountain of stone
And the longing that makes me believe...

There is a tree by the blue river
Where the shade stretches wide over
In this breaking we are hand and glove
Come with me my love
We will find shelter here
We will find shelter here...

No comments: