Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Santa Fe Community College Teaching Zoo

Going to a zoo is something my kids have always loved to do. Even though you may think "you've seen one zoo, you've seen them all", my boys do not think that is a true statement. When an opportunity arises to visit a new city, we always seek out information about the zoo. This trip was no different.

Although it's was miserably hot outside, we ventured to The Santa Fe Community College Teaching Zoo yesterday. Here, all Zoology majors work hands on with training the animals, teaching the public about each animal, and taking medical care of them as well as maintianing their enclosed habitat. It was very neat to see these college students in action. The animals were magnificent but the kids soon lost interest when they (the kids - ha!) began getting irritable 30 minutes into our adventure...it was hot and they were hungry.

Anywho...here are a few pics I took today (with a borrowed lens) at the zoo.









I took these three monkeys home with me when they fell asleep at the zoo. Shhhhh....don't tell anyone!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie !

The zoo was pretty fun.... but I think she could have left out a few facts and got my munchkin to the snacks a little quicker :)