Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Andrew's artwork

The first piece of art that Andrew picked to tackle from those pictured below was that of the cow. He loves the Chick-Fil-A cows and thought it would be fun to draw one. He followed the instructions given here and I only helped him with drawing the spots and udders. He chose to color the sky purple/pink and add an orange sun. Funny how kids see things, huh? We didn't use the watercolor paints but opted to keep the craft area clean by sticking to crayons. He is quite proud of the result and I might have to frame this one for the kitchen!

I think his face is a piece of art. Look at all the boo-boos and the orange mustache from his punch. What a funny kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you - I can't draw anything that looks that good!
Good job! WOW!
~Mad

brooke said...

Hey, that is seriously GOOD childrens' artwork!! Loved it and your blog.

I was looking at the Zevacs and Maxeys' sites and came upon YOURs too. It is great, what a wonderful invention for sending photos, etc.

I am also sorry you lost your army friends. We have had that happen a lot over 20 years too.

Looking forward to seeing you at Bridget's but would love to get together with just you sometime at Starbucks and get to know each other a little better, what with the preacher's wives-connection and all, I'll bet we can encourage each other in many ways (even if I am 110 years older than you, I'll bet you are more mature in endless ways and I can tell you what it was like before electricity). Ha.

Seriously, God bless you this week. I think you are a neat, neat person and would like to know you a little better. We need to stick together in this not-so-PCA town! love to you, Brooke