Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My binder is gone

I have been clipping coupons since March and saving bookoodles of money since. I even went out and bought a nice three-ring binder with baseball card sleeves to organize them all. Shopping for groceries was fun as I would go through the flyer and plan my menu and trip, stacking coupons with the BOGO (buy one get one) deals, circling items that were free after rebate, etc.


Well, as of yesterday afternoon, I am starting all over again....from scratch. See, what happened was....as I was loading and unloading items from the trunk of my van, I set my binder on the top. I told myself to make sure to remember to come back and get it. Nope, I forgot. Later that afternoon, I took the boys over to a friend's house to go swimming. It wasn't until I returned that I realized my mistake. I even got back in the car and retraced my route but found nothing.

Well, whoever finds it will be blessed with many wonderful savings. I just hope they use them and save lots!

7 comments:

Anjie Kay said...

I would like to help you out here!
MY readers are so nice and so generous I am sure we can round you up some coupons very quickly to refill your binder....... get in touch with me with your address and we will work on it for you! I have been in your shoes and it is NO FUN!
sorry you lost your "work load"
remember, NEVA pay full price for anything

mommagurl32 said...

Oh no! Did you have any information in there so they could contact you? I would be weary about putting personal info but I would also hate to lose out on all those deals!

mommagurl32 said...

Those (ECB's and RR) are the most important things in my opinion! Its basically "free" money!
I hope for your sake that you win!
BTW, you have a beautiful family!

BKicklighter said...

The last couple weeks I have bought two papers so I have double of everything. Email me what you want. . . it's yours.

I am SO SORRY.

Ooh, and I want to hear all about that binder and how it works for you.

Heidi said...

Oh, Jawan! I was so bummed for you when I read this post. What an accomplishment and monumental task that must have been to collect all those coupons.

I hope someday soon we can come out there, visit y'all, and you can show me how to clip some coupons for my growing family!

Love ya,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

girl... i wish you would come and get me started on coupons! i tried and just cant get it going....

mommagurl32 said...

Ok...so my husband figured out a way to chose a random number by pulling cards out of a hat...I have no idea what he was was doing but anyway the number he got was
36. And if I counted correctly, you are #36! So God "in His providence" is looking out for you and your coupons! You can email me with your address and I will mail them out in the morning. My mom brought me some extra coupons so I stuck some more in there...here is my email: kylsgurl3235 (at) yahoo
(dot) com. Hope they come in handy!