Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Date Night

Mitch and I went on a date last night...our first without any kids! The few times we've been out over the past year, we've taken Abigail with us since she just plops in any seat we strap her in. Our sweet friends, Chad and Chrissy, offered to come over and play with all three of our children (and bring their five week old), so we snatched up the chance. It was a delightful 3.5 hours!

First, we went out for some good 'ole BBQ. Then we found a quiet spot along the streets of UPtown Columbus and sat to discuss our budget. Some might find this a distressing and terrible thing to do on a date with their husband but I loved talking about where every penny should be spent, how to carry out the system (cash only envelopes), and see where we're making progress in our plan. I must say that Mitch has done a wonderful job at keeping up with our accounts and devising a plan to be faithful in our payments, debt reduction, and other financial responsibilities.

After discussing money, we went to the bookstore to spend some....money that's been sitting on a gift card, that is. There, I got these beautiful pieces of vintage prints/stationary paper for half price! Writing a letter is a love of mine and nothing is better than a handwritten personal note. I can't wait to send some of these to friends and family; however, I did decide to save one of each print so I can frame them for Abigail's bedroom wall. Who knows....I might get crazy and decide to decoupage them to a canvas. I'll post a picture of my final result when I decide when to tackle the project.


1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

Dear Kindred Spirit,
Honey and I had a date on Saturday. We went for Pizza and then to a coffee shop where we sat outside, listened to a sermon on our MP3 player (sharing earplugs) and then sat with our calendars and planned the next two months. It was HEAVEN!!!Funny how the definition of romantic changes with age.