Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

While eating dinner in the garage

We got home late Sunday night from small group which meant a late dinner. Since it was cool outside, we fixed an easy evening meal and ate together in the garage. There, we enjoyed funny conversation, a small breeze, the smell and sound of rain, and some mighty good sandwiches.


Near the end of our meal, I stepped inside to draw some bath water for the youngest two children. Leaving the tub to run, I stepped back outside and was greeted by our neighbor with a freshly frosted cake. We demolished it for dessert in one sitting (well, almost all of it) and just as I finished the last bite of my cake, my eyes got big, I gasped and said, "Oh no, I forgot to turn off the water!".


Well, at least now I don't have to mop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing we are out of the drought! You started my first school day off with a laugh! Gail

Anga-Mommie said...

Oh no!!! That is kinda funny, but then again I didn't do it, of course it is something I'd probably do :o)