Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Thankful for my dirty dishes

Although our house has a dish washer, there are often times when we pull "clean" dishes out only to realize they aren't really clean. One of us ends up scrapping and hand washing the yucky dried item. I usually roll my eyes at the dishwasher and sigh upon grabbing the sponge and dish detergent. Complain, complain, complain.

I saw this poem at a friend's house yesterday. She had it taped right above her kitchen sink at eye level. I'm going to do the same.

Thank God for dirty dishes; They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry, We're eating very well.
With home, health, and happiness, I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of such great evidence, God's been very good to us.

No comments: