Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A belated Father's day gift


So, we've have this stepping stone kit in our garage for two years now. It was a freebie from Michael's (after coupon, of course!) but I've purposely neglected it, waiting for just the right time to make it as well as waiting for my kids to come of age when they would appreciate their result. Not to mention that the kit comes with a wimpy bag of stones, each the size of a dime - and only about 20 inside!

One day after picking the kids up from school, I noticed a HUGE pile of junk on the side of the road that someone was tossing. After asking permission to "dig", I found a bucket full of blue/green colored glass pieces deep down under. The bucket has kept the kit company in the garage for far too long. It was time for us to hunker down and get messy - the kids were all for it!



I wish I had captured the kids actually dropping their rocks and glass pieces in the mold but I had fingers covered in mud and I wasn't about to run inside to retrieve my camera and risk getting concrete on it.

I think the stepping stone turned out quite nice. The kiddos love it, Daddy loves it, and it's now resting in the grass beside our front porch for all our visitors to see.


Happy late Father's Day, Mitch!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

how CUTE! and i love abigail's new haircut!

kim said...

I love Abigail's hair. Boy, it sure has gotten longer quick!