Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Taco Soup

Abraham, over at 22 Words, has requested people send him links to recipes for a virtual potluck of sorts. I thought that I would fulfill his request and put my taco soup recipe on "paper". Gosh, I hope that didn't sound vain.

I must admit that my friend, Maja, had a hand in getting me hooked on this dish. Leave it to Maja, a mother of seven, who is Danish and cooks like you wouldn't believe, to make sure I didn't leave her home without one recipe for my back pocket. This recipe is easy on the brain! I'm thankful God put Maja in my life to show me what true hospitality looks like.


Anyway, back to the recipe. No one in my family likes onions or large chunks of tomato so you'll find none in my recipe...but you can always add them if you'd like!

EASY TACO SOUP

Ingredients
1.5 lbs ground beef, drained
(1) pack Ranch dressing
(2) packs taco seasoning
(1) 29 oz can tomato sauce
(1) 29 oz can water
(2) cans of shoepeg corn
(2) cans of black beans

Procedure
Brown, drain, & rinse beef.
Add tomato sauce & water. (After emptying sauce, refill can with water)
Drain/rinse both corn & beans - add to pot.
Add Ranch & taco seasoning.
Heat & stir!

Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and corn chips.

This recipe makes a lot of soup so it's perfect for eating half now and freezing the other half for later. YUM!

1 comment:

trajenta 5mg side effects said...

Thank you for making this such an awesome place to work every day! To get more information buy prescription medicine online from pharmacy online.