Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, July 01, 2011

More of Day 35

Monday night happens to be Luke's favorite night of the week. If you were to ask him what he wants to do with his life when he grows up, he'll tell you that he wants to be a basketball player. Usually each Monday, Mitch takes the boys to practice while I stay home and cook or clean from dinner. This past week, however, Mitch couldn't go (he was cleaning up trees, remember?) so I took Luke instead. I AM SO GLAD I DID! I've never seen him be so aggressive (appropriately, mind you) and determined in anything. He ran up and down the court, scored 6 points, and passed the ball to his teammates. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him!

Praying after the game.

This is Luke's coach - Coach Lynwood. Since we started playing sports at the YMCA four years ago, Coach L has been a presence for every sport and on every field or court on which we compete. I see Coach L as a mentor in the lives of my boys. They have a fun relationship and have developed nicknames for each other that they like to yell out across the soccer field and basketball courts to get a laugh. I'm thankful for Coach Lynn's gentle spirit, his heart for God, and his passion for teaching children the joy of sports.

Luke is a sweat ball.....he even sweats when he sleeps. I wonder where he gets that hot-naturedness from? Yes, I know that it's not a word.


No comments: