Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Together

A sweet friend has said to me many times, "Looking around, you just never know the struggles and pains people and families are going through. This should make us want to get in each one another's lives even more and take the risk to share our hearts and pray for one another on deeper levels."

A dear friend is struggling with secondary infertility and is frustrated, sad, hurt, and angry - yet, she praises God for his goodness.

Many of our friends are in the Army and are moving all the time (thanks to living near one of the largest military installations in the U.S.). I'm tempted to think of the heart havoc these moves do on my heart but I want to remember that pain, excitement, sadness, and joy are also in the hearts of my friends who leave "home" every two years. They leave each time giving praise to God for his goodness.


Many friends are struggling in their marriages yet they are committed to reconciling and pursuing one another and the church. It's encouraging to see them give praise to God for his goodness in their marriage, despite their trials.

The sadness of orphaned children brings the joy of adoption to others. There are several families in our church who are seeking adoption and it is such a beautiful thing of which to be a part. Our families are seeking this by praying together, praying for each other, and praying for the child/ren that will no longer be fatherless.

Death - although tragic, we spoke in small group last week of how we live as a people who don't long for "home". A church member lost her husband a few weeks ago, another friend lost her daughter last week in an accidental fall, and a close friend lost her daughter years ago in a tragic accident....they still give all the praise to God for his goodness.

What frustration and worry finances can bring! Just today, however, I taught my preschoolers of the provision of God.

  • Luke 12:7 - Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.



I love being with the people of Christ everyday but I especially look forward to Sundays when we can join together as a large body and worship together. Community has always been special to me and something that I will hopefully always treasure.

We are truly in this together and it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.

HT: Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I used to frequent blogs as part of my everyday routine yours was one I always enjoyed reading. I'm only sad that I didn't get to know you better when you were at CPC. We were less involved in Church back then. But I'm thankful for technology now that allows us to be "involved in each other" (as you so beautifully put it) I love this post. I'm glad you still blog often when so many of us don't as much as we used too. Beautiful and true words, friend.

Lizzie C. said...

Needed these words of encouragement today. Thanks for the post. Miss you and your sweet family.