Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Because he's mine and I can.

Andrew plays and works so hard during the day that he's at complete empty and full of exhaustion by bedtime. He is always hungry, eating us out of house and home. Thank goodness he's not a picky food eater!


I look at this picture and my heart melts. I love this little guy...well, he's not so little anymore because he'll be seven next month. Last night, I asked him if I could pick him up and carry him. He said yes so I asked him to jump high as to get a good grip and bounce. He laughed, smiled and said, "You ready?". I remember that sweet small trek from the couch to his bedroom and how I took in every moment to hold him in my arms, on my hip, close to my hair, skin, and nose. His hair was still wet from his evening bath but I loved having his head next to my ear. I don't know if I'll be able to hold him like that much longer - but I will try.

God has given us a precious gift and I only hope we can show Andrew how much we love him and that Jesus loves him far more than we ever could.


This is another canvas that will adorn one of our living room walls!

No comments: