Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Surprise!

I am moving slower (hence my Frankenstein limp) and therefore was a few minutes late reporting to work this morning (for those of you who don't remember, I teach Art two days a week at the private school at our church for only 2.5 hours each day). So, I parked the car and looked at my watch......"8:35 isn't too late...only 5 minutes behind. Maybe I'll just poke my head in the door to let the others know I'm definitely here and won't hang around for the morning meeting since I'm in such discomfort." So I drop my belongings in my classroom and waddle around the corner to the morning meeting in the conference room. I poke my head in only to find that everyone is in attendance and waiting on me so they can give me a SURPRISE baby shower! WOW! I wasn't expecting that at all and was glad I decided to make an appearance. I received many needed items as well as some cute outfits for Luke. Since he's gonna be a winter baby (and Andrew was a spring baby), I was in need of some heavier, long-sleeved clothes to which they supplied me with plenty. Thank you, sweet friends and co-workers! I'll miss you after my last day next week but I'll be around...I mean, I am the pastor's wife! HA!

By the way, my sister-in-law, Valerie, is having another girl (due in March)! It seems that she is going to supply the extended family with all the granddaughters and neices while I'm gonna be the one to give them the grandsons and nephews. I'm looking foward to the many stories we'll be able to share as we watch our children grow.

My sweet brother, Stuart, sent me the cutest movie he made of Andrew today. It made me cry. Thank you, Stuart, for taking the time to make and give me such a special gift...and, yes, you can call that my "belated birthday gift" so now you don't have to feel as if you should buy me something! HA! Nothing could mean more to me than the time it took for you to make the movie. Thanks for saving all those pictures I've sent to you over the years and for sharing your heart in your latest blog. Blah, blah, blah...... (*tee-hee*)

No comments: