Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, November 07, 2005

Am I really 31?

Today is my 31st birthday. It's a time to rejoice about the gift of another year of life to spend with friends and family. I was just telling Mitch last night that I couldn't believe I was no longer in the decade of my 20's. So many memories, huge events, and moments happened in those ten years.....high school graduation, boyfriends (well, that might not have been such a highlight but still.....), college relationships and graduation, seminary, marriage, and the birth of my first child. I have so much to be thankful for as I look back on the past 31 years but I am most grateful for two things:

(1) I am thankful that from the beginning of time that the Father chose me to be His. What a priviledge it is to be called a child of God. I know that my name is engraved on his hand, never to be wiped away. His death has brought me life...I only hope that my life displays the light of Christ, the grace of the Gospel, and that I strive to live out the verse John 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease".

(2) I am so thankful for my family:
My husband, Mitch, who is my best friend and constant encourager.
My son, Andrew, who is the apple of my eye.
My mother, Wanda, who is such a prayer warrior and excellent example of a godly woman.
My late father, Jim, who, although he was rough around the edges, wrote the sweetest words to me in various notes, letters, and emails.
My sister, Angela, who makes me laugh and is someone I admire.
My brother-in-law, Steve, who has built a home of love for his family.
My neice, Meredith, who is sensitive to others and longs to serve others.
My nephew, Ethan, who is ALL boy but still gives me a hug when we're together.
My neice, Emily, who loves to share her personalized songs and stories with me.
My brother, Stuart, who shares his heart with me and isn't afraid to take risks.
My grandmother, Ruth, who is still spunky and energetic as ever in her early 80's.
My mother-in-law, Cheryl, who loves me as if I've always been a part of her family.
My father-in-law, Anthony, who hugs and kisses me, especially since he's the only father I've got left.
My sister-in-law, Valerie, who calls me just to say hello and trusts me with her daughter.
My brother-in-law, Tyler, who is my side-kick on the McGinnis vacations.
My neice, Emma, who cracks me up with her stories and two syllable words.

And I'm thankful for many, many others.....uncles, aunts, and cousins!

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Jawaaannnn, Happy Birthday to you!!!!! *big finish*