Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

iTunes has me whipped

I received an iTunes giftcard for Christmas and I'm officially hooked. I can't stop browsing the artists and have spent the entire balance on the card in just one sitting. Just thought I'd share some of my favorite artists with 'cha (in no particular order):

Downhere
The Decemberists
Sarah Jarosz
Rosie Thomas

Audrey Assad
She & Him
Iron & Wine
Patty Griffin
Friction Family
Pocket Full of Rocks
Band of Horses
Ray Lamontagne

Jason Walker
Brooke Fraser
Kari Jobe

Matt Wertz
Kate Rusby
Loquat
Desperation Band
Over the Rhine
Amy Courts
The Dimes

I'm not sure of the history of some of these artists/bands but they have at least one song that I really like. I know....that's scary.

I will say that I heard most of these artists for the first time on Pandora as I would stay up late editing pictures. If I heard a song and liked the artists, I looked them up on iTunes. It's a great way to let "something else" pick similar sounds for you rather than browsing around and spending time doing it yourself.

I think that's all for now....go to iTunes now and listen to the demos!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love iTunes & have had an account for years. I've spent way too much money & always ask for iTunes gift cards! ha