Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

It's a new day.....actually, as I type this, we're only 34 minutes into the first (and new) day of 2011. I journal-ed last night for the first time in two months (it's taken me four years to fill up one journal and that's a sad fact considering I used to fill up two journals per year). I don't have any huge thoughts to share about this past year. It's been a rather easy and joyful one. That's not to say that I don't look back and see how great my sin is.....but that I can also look back and see how gracious my Father is.

I think the hardest parts of 2010 were watching my little boy be wheeled into surgery, losing a dear friend to a physical move that created miles of distance between us, and watching close friends lose a child or are in difficult marriages. There are so many highlights I can reflect upon: God gave my brother and sister-in-law a new baby, our family traveled quite a bit, I am part of a wonderful church family, and I have the privilege of belonging to my dear husband and children.

I'm not one to make resolutions (at least not publicly....that way, you don't know if I failed - which I usually do) but what I do want to see change in my heart is a trust for the Lord. A life that doesn't live in fear. Things are so good and have been so good for a long time that I don't want to ponder, sit, and wait for the tragic to happen. That's my heart....I struggle with doubt. God has revealed my idols to me! I want to live as a daughter of the most high God and accept his grace to trust Him more - no matter what He brings my way. Typing this makes me cry - for the right and wrong reasons. I cry because I fear what He may choose to bring to me but the tears flow because I know He is always good.

May the Lord make his face to shine upon you in 2011 - no matter what he brings your way.

2 comments:

~Mad said...

"God is good - at all times and in all circumstances." ~GFenton

How many times a day do I repeat this to myself - and KNOW that it is true?

Love you,
~Mad

heather said...

Good thoughts. Thank you for your transparency.