Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Exploration in a box

We have new neighbors. Along with new neighbors comes alot of moving boxes. Before they hauled them away, our new neighbors gave us three large wardrobe boxes. One has already become a puppet stage (still needs to be painted) and the second one became a naval carrier today. The boys and I painted together, using the colors red, white, and blue (isn't that so patriotic? Not that they had a clue...and, yes, I kind of helped them decide. We've been talking about our country, flag, and military over the past weeks.).


Don't you love Luke's under-roos? How 'bout that door that's wide open? Hello, electric bill.


The boys enjoyed painting but Abigail enjoyed it most of all. I wish I had taken a picture of her playing in the sky blue paint. I was concentrating so hard on the painting task that I didn't notice that she'd spilled some of the paint and decided to have a party in it. I quickly put her in the bathtub and was thankful it was water based paint!


Upon completion of the carrier, the boys hopped right in. The garage wasn't the best back drop to the scene but if I had carried the boat into the yard, they might have never gotten in together. I find it funny that they look like pirates in a naval carrier. Argh!

Oh well.....

No comments: