Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

Book Review

I just finished reading Same Kind of Different As Me...and loved it. I don't normally find myself with my nose constantly stuck in a book because I just don't have the time to devote to it...that is until I went on vacation. Responsibility no longer hovering over my head, I spent almost every spare moment (moments that came only while the kids were sleeping) reading this book. I wouldn't recommend it in regards to its theology but it is indeed a sweet TRUE story. You can click here to read more about it. Below, I've included a small tidbit of information regarding the story line.


A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery in the 20th century!

An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.

A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.

A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.

It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . . and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster . . . a Texas ranch.

Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.

Challies also reviewed this book and his words are definitely (as always) worth reading.

1 comment:

beck'sthree said...

I started this book last week and wish I had more time to spend reading it. I'm only halfway through and have already recommended it to several people. Such a powerful story.