Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Couldn't stay away

All is well and thanks for asking, Kat. I said I was gonna take a break but I just can't stay away. This blog is an outlet for me. A way for me to journal. A way to remember my day/days. I don't want to feel guilty for loving to write and update. I just needed a few days to NOT think about anything. On that note, here are a few pictures from today. My sister and mother came up for a quick overnight visit and I took the opportunity to use my camera, as usual.

Mom reading a book - I love that this is a silhouette of my mother. I noticed the light from the window was casting a dark shadow on her as she sat and read. I love how it looks, although it's nothing a professional photographer would boast about. Everyone has seen this type of picture in a book or imagined them...now I have a personal one. Oh, my beautiful mother. How I love her so.


My sister, Angela, playing with my daughter - Such a sweet moment. I'm so thankful and glad that my children love their "aunt sassy". I couldn't pronounce my sister's name when I was little so I called her Sassy. My own children have a hard time saying her name, too, so we've just carried on with the nickname and it's a hit.


Yesterday was Mitch's birthday. Why did he have to be born so close after Christmas (huh, Cheryl and Anthony?)? HA! I always remember it's coming but so often forget to make his day extra special from the other 364 in the year (well, 365 other days this leap year). The children made him a homemade card and we had cake and ice cream last night while Mom and Angela were here. Thanks, Honey, for loving me and knowing that my kisses are as good as any birthday present I didn't could give.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come you didn't post a picture with me in it??? I was there too! You don't love your brother.

Stuart

Jawan said...

Stu, You're right....what a loser I am. Forgive me? You're my favorite brother I've got (tee hee)!

Crissy said...

Tell Mitch Happy Birthday from the Sharps!

Heidi said...

Hey Jawan,

We are praying for you and your family right now. I will be lifting you ALL up daily.

Thank you for coming back early -- I was going to miss your blog severely!!!

KelMel said...

Those are beautiful pictures, Jawan. The one of your mom is breathtaking!! :)