Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's a random Sunday night

Sometimes I think it's weird when bloggers apologize for not having written much in days. Having said that, I only feel a need to apologize to my mother and mother-in-law who check my blog daily, longing to see of and hear about their grand babies.

I have so many pictures on my memory card and on my ext. hard drive that I want to post on this here blog but I don't know when I'm going to do it. Get ready for a photo explosion soon!

Just returned home this evening from a trip to the north part of our state for a beautiful outdoor farmhouse wedding. Mitch took this Sunday off so we could worship up yonder with some old friends who used to belong to our church. It was a nice time and we look forward to seeing them again one day.

I'm looking forward to going out with a group of friends tomorrow night. The women in my church are getting together to paint. Pictures will be posted, I'm sure...they are a fun, wild, and crazy bunch.

Only 2 more weeks until school starts and I go back to work after six years of being at home with my children. God has given me a job teaching at the school where all three of my children will be attending. Fantastic, right? I KNOW! Now, where's my lesson plan book?

We just finished VBS at church. Around 40 kids came everyday. I was taught a great many lessons and loved on by many tiny people. Grand, it was.

Andrew is still singing camp songs and telling me something new from camp everyday. He's yet to make "those noises" from his underarm. Maybe next summer.

I spoke on the phone a few weeks ago with a dear friend and she reminded me of the value of relationships...especially those of woman to woman. Then, just last week, I spoke to another dear friend and experienced first hand the meaning of a long distance sob session...and how meaningful it was.

After sharing a bed with one of my children last night during our hotel stay, I must say that I prefer sleeping with my husband. That's a good thing....I KNOW!

Our church is studying through Paul Tripp's, "What Did You Expect?: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage". OH. MY. GOODNESS! It's such a rich study, full of truth, gospel centered, and encouraging. It makes me love my husband more!

Ok, I think that's all I can process tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish we could have been there to see everyone this weekend! I heard a good time was had by all, my family really enjoyed seeing old friends.

BKicklighter said...

Loved hearing from you. Your blog is one I read first and daily. LOVE hearing about your life - it seems so "normal" yet supernatural (if you get my meaning). I am always encouraged, challenged, and a little more ready for heaven after you write!