Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Trinity Hymnal

Our bedtime routine starts with two books, a few songs, prayer and then lights out. When Mitch arrived home from work tonight, he brought five copies of The Trinity Hymnal with him. We sat on the floor and sang five or six hymns together as a family. I wish I knew more of the original tunes to the old hymns but we did our best at sight reading. For the most part, we sang the RUF versions of the songs since we have all their albums and are familiar with their versions of the hymns to new arrangements. I think I'd like making the nightly song-singing a part of our bedtime routine. If you're willing to share, I'm interested to hear what your bedtime routine is with your children.

1 comment:

Crissy said...

"Shut up and GO TO SLEEP!!!"

Just kidding. Feed the animals, pajamas, brush teeth, prayers. Occasionally, short yet deep discussions.