Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, March 02, 2007

Tornado

Little did I know that yesterday's rain would lead to a tornado that passed directly by our house. The damage done to our neighborhood is horrible. I was home alone with the boys, huddled together on the floor of the master bath shower, in the dark as we had no power....only candles and flashlights. It was scary. Fortunately, there have been no reported deaths in the community. It seems everyone is out in their yards picking up limbs, throwing away debris, replacing roofs, cranes picking up trees on houses, BellSouth repairing power lines, cops directing traffic, helicopters surveying the damage, and kids everywhere since schools are closed. We are so thankful no one was hurt. Here are a few pictures of the damage done to a nearby church, school, and houses.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are okay. I am also glad that I read your blog before I saw this about Columbus on the news. I had no idea it hit your area. I knew the storms were bad through parts of GA, just not your parts. Plus, been watching the bus news most of the day. Love you and glad that you are okay. Libby

amy said...

Oh, Jawan. I am soooooo glad you guys are okay.

Anonymous said...

The storm that came through caused two of our trees to fall, one hitting our house right above one of my son's bedroom while he was sleeping. It caused very little damage to the house though. We have a bit of cleanup to do too.
Amy Self