Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Boys for the weak?

The guy in the middle is our pastor in Birmingham, Burt Boykin, at Community PCA. His wife, Anita, is a very good friend of mine. Burt and Anita are the proud, and patient, parents of seven children...all boys. They range from 8 years old to 21 years old. Their two oldest sons are Dane and Addison. Dane is a sophomore at Covenant College in Lookout Mtn, GA, and Addison, their second born, is doing an internship at a church in New Zealand, having taken a year off between high school graduation and starting college this fall. I have watched Burt and Anita raise their boys and I am encouraged.

It looks like Mitch and I might be close behind them with our two boys and possibly another male on the way. Maybe we're closing the gap, although it will take a while longer for us to do just that. I guess pastors are good at making boys to carry on their name. Burt likes to think that God gives sons to weak men. I guess he doesn't think he would be strong enough to raise a girl, much less seven of them. He always jokes about that. I snapped this picture last week when Mitch and I were in Birmingham visiting the Boykins for a few days.

No comments: