Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cake decorating

Ok, so I'm already into scrapbooking and acrylic painting.....what more do I need to dive into? Well, I attended my first cake decorating class last night and loved it! I've got several more courses to take before I can start making the big bucks (weddings and birthdays) but I'm enjoying all the fun tips and techniques. So far I've learned how to make the icing (do you have any idea how much Crisco and powdered sugar goes into that recipe?.....you don't want to know!), how to color it, how to spread and smooth it onto the cake, and how to ice a cake using several decorating tips. I'll be sure to take pictures of my masterpieces/disasters next week! I hope I don't gain too much weight dealing with all this icing each week!

No comments: