Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, September 04, 2010

I like calling my brother my friend

For the past week, I've been editing the photos from the session of my brother and sis-in-law. It was an emotional editing session, I must say. My relationship with my brother has matured and grown deeper as we've gotten older (isn't that how it usually always works?). We were always close growing up since we're only 15 months apart in age, but I truly didn't get to know his heart until our mid to late 20s. I have enjoyed our conversations on the phone over the years about life, Jesus, theology, marriage, cars, music...and now, children.


Happy tears....they fall down my cheeks when I see these pictures. My little brother is a man. A man who is married to a woman who loves him deeply. He's now a man who will be a father in a few short weeks. I wish I could see his face when his little girl is placed in his arms for the very first time (maybe I can wiggle myself in the room as the family photographer!?!?!?). I remember watching Stuart's eyes meet his bride as she entered the sanctuary and walked down the aisle, arm in arm with her father. Stuart cried so hard! His face turned red, his nose ran snot, and his face was in a shaky, yet joyous, smile.

Anyway, I had fun taking their pictures. They are both hams to the camera so the session was hilarious....just another reminder of God's goodness.


I got a little happy and couldn't just choose 2-3 to post. I had to post A LOT of the pics...they are so in love and I wanted to show them off!

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Jawan...I love you sooo much. Thank you for those super sweet words. Who would have ever thought that we would be so close, judging from our younger days. Ha. Thank you for lending your talent/skills to us in documenting our memories. I am so glad you are a part of it and I love you. You made me cry when I read those words.....awwwwwww. UGA plays today @ 12:21....GO DAWGS!!