Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Glory is His

We have friends who are grieving the loss of their full term newborn daughter to still birth. It's sad. It's tragic. Yet, they lift their hands to the Lord and give Him praise.

A portion of an email from the father, Mitch's dear friend.

It's with a mixture of great grief and awestruck wonder in the greatness of our God that I'm writing this morning to let you know that [we] delivered our 3rd girl during the night, but [she] was stillborn. We need your prayers, love, and support. I believe we're grieving well right now, but will obviously be faced with various challenges and opportunities in the days ahead. Feel free to check in with us as you have opportunity…

Holding my dead infant daughter was a stark reminder that we are fallen people living in a fallen world. But in experiencing that grief I am still able to praise God. He has seen fit to take "our" girl to be with Him - and spare her the pain and sorrow this sin-filled world and our sin-filled hearts create. Jesus, the resurrection and the life, says whoever believes in Him, yet though he dies, will live again. Our hope is built on nothing less..

He is our God and we will ever praise Him. Be encouraged that there is hope...that hope is Jesus.



May my prayer like incense rise before You
The lifting of my hands as sacrifice
Oh Lord Jesus turn Your eyes upon me
For I know there is mercy in Your sight

Your statutes are my heritage forever
My heart is set on keeping Your decrees
Please still my anxious urge toward rebellion
Let Love keep my will upon its knees

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

To all creation I can see a limit
But Your commands are boundless and have none
So Your Word is my joy and meditation
From the rising to the setting of the sun

All Your ways are loving and are faithful
The road is narrow but Your burden light
Because You gladly lean to lead the humble
I shall gladly kneel to leave my pride

No comments: