Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

7 Quick Takes

I've been uninspired to blog lately. This cooler weather is enticing the kids outside so I'm happily busy watching them play. You would think I'd take my camera outside with me but I often forget since I'm usually busy throwing a football with Andrew, hitting the baseball with Luke, and pushing Abigail around in her little car. So, I'll make this post short, random, and quick.

1. I've had my cell phone for three years and it's been good to me. It's survived many drops until this past week. The front LCD screen broke and it suddenly changed the way I used my phone. Seeing that it was past due for a free upgrade, Mitch and I made a trip to the Verizon store where I got a totally different phone. I've been pleased with it thus far. Maybe it will last me another three years.

2. At the breakfast table this morning, I asked Luke if he slept well last night. He responded by saying yes and then proceeded to tell me about a dream he'd had. He said he dreamed of three happy carrots sitting on his plate and how he decided to make them taste better by sprinkling them with cereal and honey. Hmmmmmm....interesting. Maybe he'll be a chef one day. I just hope his recipes improve.
3. I've been visiting my dentist one to two times a month for what seems like the past year. I only have one visit left, though! It will be nice to go back to just booking appointments for annual cleanings. Then again, there is a lot of Halloween candy still left in the house.


4. I'm a little partial to the New Balance brand. They make my feet feel yummy good. I remember the actual trip that Mitch and I took to a popular shoe store in our city of Birmingham, AL, to take advantage of a Buy One Get One free sale on New Balance tennis shoes. That trip took place in the year 2000. I've been wearing those shoes for the past nine years (not everyday, of course), even when they should have been replaced well into their second year. The soles have finally fallen off and we decided it was definitely time for another pair (ya think?). Thank goodness for Marshall's. They had New Balance tennis shoes on sale for $35! Happy birthday to me!
5. I brush my teeth at Mitch's sink in the bathroom. I don't know why but it's the only part of my morning and evening hygiene routine that I don't do at my own sink. Oh yeah, and I think I've already posted that I am not to be touched when I'm brushing my teeth. Mitch has learned this but my eyes remind him if I sense he's forgotten.

6. Where did October go?

7. Are you happy now, Elaine?.....that wasn't so short afterall.

No comments: